POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another week, another impossible game : Another week, another impossible game Server Time
10 Oct 2024 17:18:08 EDT (-0400)
  Another week, another impossible game
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 16 Mar 2008 05:45:25
Message: <47dcfa45$1@news.povray.org>
Hi guys.

Anybody here played Farcry?

I am getting *hacked off* with playing the same 2 minutes of the game,
endlessly, over and over. I'm on a large boat with a radio jamming tower
that I'm supposed to blow up. The trouble is, as soon as I blow it up, a
hellicopter appears and starts shooting at me. And, as far as I can
tell, the helicopter is indescrustable. No matter how much ammo I pummel
it with, it just keeps shooting at me. Better still, the ship is
sinking, and apparently you can't shoot and swim at the same time.

In other words, you've got 30 second to take down this chopper, or you
die. Except that no matter how much I shoot it, it won't come down.

There's a very large cache of rockets on the ship [which conviniently
dissappears as soon as you blow up the tower]. I had thought maybe
that's a hint. But even if you use the rocket launcher the helicopter
cannot be destroyed. I counted 10 direct hits, and it's still in the air.

(All the other helicopters I've met so far, you just need to shoot the
gunner and you stop being shot at. For some reason that doesn't work here.)

I am now seriously loosing my temper with the game. This isn't fun at
all - it's *boring*! The enemy is invulnerable, and that doesn't make
for a very fair fight.

Can *anybody* tell me how to get rid of the damn chopper?! >_<

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/